Thursday 21 October 2010

Protest

"I'm non-judgemental, not apathetic"
This great thought come to me on the run today. I was doing my favourite loop via Patanoster Square and the Thameside Path. On the Thameside path I could hear shouting. I decided to finish the path and then rather than looping back via Leadenhall to go back along lower Thames Street.

As I get to a large building of a well know Japanese bank, there are anti-vivisection protestors outside, protesting that the bank funds a life science company.

I don't necessarily agree with their sentiments, but I really admire there commitment to go out and do something about it.
"Well Done", I acknoweledge the protester, and she seems to appreciate the positive feedback. I however refuse the leaflet.

Started off too fast and felt some of the week's earlier runs catching up with me. So the short cut back to investigate the noise helped.

~4km 25minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment