Thursday 18 March 2010

Glacial pace please

Still recovering from the weekend but need to be ready for Reading on Sunday. A recovery run as recommended by Mr Savage is on the cards. The route is the familiar Blackfriars-thameside path-Tower of London-London Wall route

With an echo of soreness and some mountain biking planned for the night, it needs to be run:
1: As slow as a teenager tidying their bedroom
2: To quote Blackadder, as slow as an asthmatic ant, with some heavy shopping.

By and large, progress is slow and graceful. I spot a gap in the traffic at the Zebra crossing and zoom! 200m on I am still zooming. I remember the aim and slow down.

Plenty of people are enjoying the spring sunshine. As I dart in between them, I forget to slow down for another 200m

I get overtaken by a runner on the Thames Path by Cannon Street. I let them have their victory without a fight.

It was good to be running again, even more so on the first proper day of spring.

5.2km @6"15 / km

No comments:

Post a Comment