Wednesday 3 March 2010

Riverside exploring

On Monday I was early for a meeting down by Tower Bridge. I stood on the Thames Path, taking-in the glorious sun-rays and observing the coming and going on the river.

Today, still inspired, I explored the Thames path between Blackfriars and the Tower. It was chilly. A few glimpses of the beautiful London greyness fleetingly lifted my spirit.

At the crane where they load the rubbish barges the automatic gate slammed shut in front of me. After 5 minutes I give up and run up round Lower Thames street.

The magic from Monday's moment in the sun was not recreated in any way. Spring's time will come.

After last night and cycling to work the pace should have been slow. It didn't feel like I was trying but the pace was more than satisfactory.

6.66km @ 5"30 / km

No comments:

Post a Comment