Friday 5 March 2010

Rockett man

Back to the canal for intervals with the Rocketts Lockets today. 2 minutes full speed, with 1 minute rest. 4 out and 4 back. I slip further back each rep but remain in visual contact for all of the reps, soaking up the motivation you get from running with others. Pride (or shame) I believe it is called.

Along the canal tow path, under the low bridges I notice the stone worn away by what looks like generations of heads brushing past. Sometimes change is slow, consistent, inperceptible.

On the run back to the city, I slip off the back of the group. Slowly, inperceptibley at first, but consistently and the gap opens. I keep visual contact all the way back to the starting point. My measure of success and whether to keep this up is remaing part of the group. At the moment I am holding on.

9.4km intervals 2 min on, with 1 min recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment