Saturday 3 April 2010

Around and about Les Mathes


My good friend and host, Bec tells me lunch will be ready in half an hour. I think this gives me time for a quick 5k, as she works on French time (this is not a bad thing, just different as I work on London City Time)

When I am really on form I don't take the iPod. Running is its own reward. Today I'm killing time and relaxed, so it's an old Danny Baker and Danny Kelly podcast.

Runs always go better with a story behind them, but I can't think of one for today. I set out planning to run half the way to the coast on the route run earlier in the week(Not much of a story). A couple of km in I take an interesting looking turn where a number of things are signposted in French. It ends up at a dull camp site and nothing of interest. I run back to the main road.

As I reach the halfway turning point, not really having left Les Mathes, I run a little way into the pine forest. Though I know lunch will not be ready when I get back, an interesting diversion is not appropriate today and I turn back before discovering anything.

On the return I play a little with my form and push it to ensure the 5km is dispatched in under 30 minutes (to keep it respectible). Today's run did not really go anywhere. Some of my recent results and performances have been like Christmas gifts. It's currently Easter. When everyday is Christmas, you soon get tired of Christmas. Empty is defined in terms of full, Full is defined in terms of Empty. Today is empty.

5k @ 6"00/km

No comments:

Post a Comment