Thursday 22 April 2010

Locketts, ohh dropped me

I've had some time off, as last week I had just overdone it in everything. Today I planned a quick run with my black mood down towards Wapping.

As I leave the office I note that it is 12:25pm perfect timing for Locketts Rockets. What better than to take some anger out on some intervals.

The pace to the canal is fast but I hold on. The plan is two groups A and B, both running a tempo run for 10 minutes and then intervals back. The pace is meant to be half marathon. I am soon struggling and rapidly slide off the back. With only a week off, I feel sluggish and slow.

I drop to a jog and I lose sight of the rest of the group. After a few more minutes I turn to head back. On the run back I pickup the pace from a jog and one point I burst into a sprint to try and lift my mood.

My plan was to use Thursday lunchtimes with the Rocketts as my interval session. This far off the pace it is not a goer.

It wasn't great today, but nothing is a failure if you learn from it. Today was an education.

No time, distance or pace. Probably around 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment