Friday 2 April 2010

Sand blasting


I'm still on the West coast of France. Today I drive to the seaside and run along the seafront. It is windy, in fact blowing a gale off the swelling Atlantic.

As I run the promenade road the sand blasts my legs. I am glad of my cap and sunnies. I tilt my head to keep the cap from blowing away.

I head south but the road eventually turns back inland and the beach is too uneven to run on. I turn back the way I came and back past the start point. I eventually run to the end of one jaw of the harbour. The wind is sapping my strength. I decide 5k will do for today and it's back to the car to seek shelter.

I am in my old faithful trainers. We have been through so many adventures together, but in my mind I am fantasizing about the Nike frees.

I'm relaxed and the wind is distracting, so it's an easy pace. Today only the sand blasts.

5k / 29 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment