Tuesday 26 July 2011

Bromley High Street of a night


The baby is fine. It's looking after the other two kids that is killing me! I feel exhausted but I feel I should be running tonight. In the end I talk myself out of it. I run a few errands at the supermarket and my two year old has then un-put himself to bed. I get him back to bed and off to sleep. I then decide to un-talk myself out of not running.

I fancy another quick 5km but can't face the rolling ride to Beckenham. Instead I struggle up the hill to Bromley North. I do a loop round the "North Village" as they seem to be calling it these days in attempt to make it a "cool destination" venue. FFS This is Bromley North...I notice a new Wetherspoon's has opened.

I never really get going. And that's been a problem for a while. I need 45 minutes to get going and easing into a run. I run down the high street and come to a stop. Down the bottom of the high street there is a hilarious rip-off of a Tesco Extra store. There is also now a fantastic rip-off of a Sainsbury's Local. I vow to come back and take some photos.

As I run down Queen Anne Avenue I worry the run will fall short with only 4km on the Garmin. I avoid take the short-cut via St. Mary's church. As I near my house the 5km dutifully beeped on the Garmin.

It was hard tonight, the pace pretty poor. Still I was tired, and I'm proud of myself for getting out. Better get some rest before the kids tomorrow...

5.2km 31:31

No comments:

Post a Comment