Saturday 9 July 2011

Park run recovery


Maybe I shouldn't be doing Park Run as I have a sore ankle and bits. But I also like the social aspect of Park Run.

I set off at an even pace, and then as always I can't resist not racing. After the race midweek and running home yesterday I feel a little jaded but I seem to be making decent time.

Down the back straight the wind blows us all about. In the final straight, I decide to recover a couple of places and sprint past a couple of people.

I look at the watch and it is 23:08. At first I am disappointed given the effort I have put, but then given the fact I ran home yesterday I realise it is not too bad.

Sometimes as my times start to reach some imaginary limit, I wonder where I am going to find extra time to go faster. Today I managed to run a minute slower than last week with the same perceived effort. So there must be areas to be tuned.

In the end the sore ankle and foot were not too bad.

5km 23:08

No comments:

Post a Comment