Monday 25 July 2011

Post Baby Run


As you can see a bit of a break in the run schedule. To be fair, I have an excuse, the birth of my third child. I remember when my first child was born, I probably didn't do anything for 6 months but this time I am determined to try and maintain some fitness, even if Tuesday night club run is out of the question for the foreseeable future.

I can't be away for long in case I am needed. I decide to run down through Beckenham high street, a course I have previously measured as 5km. The other thing I remember about this course is it's lumpiness.

And I feel the hills. Still, it's good to be running. Usual drunkenness and the like in Beckenham high street, and most people too out of it or absorbed in themselves to be troubled with annoying a runner. I reach the Odeon and turn back.

Eventually I hit the top of the final hill and roll back down to my house. After a while a feel fantastic from the run. The time was not important, getting the miles in to maintain the fitness was the important thing

5km 30:00

No comments:

Post a Comment