Saturday 16 July 2011

Post Race Park Run

Could still feel two consecutive days of racing in my legs but still fancied park run today. I decided to run in my £7 from Decathalon shoes. My wife likens them to Japanese tourist shoes. The crucial thing is that they are as flat as can be.

I start off and chug, everyone flies past me as usual, and I reel in a large number of them before the end. Unusually I have my IPod on, but today is a bit-after-the-Lord-Mayor's show and I'm not trying to post a time.

Towards the end I see a young girl make a dash for the finish, but I hate losing places so I sprint as well and finish comfortably ahead of her.

At the end the time was disappointing. Partly tiredness, partly a swirling wind and partly a late-night-large whiskey.

With the baby due on Monday, the running may have to take a back seat for a while.

5km 23:37

No comments:

Post a Comment