Saturday 2 July 2011

Barefoot Park Run Again





I was planning to run a PB today. When I get there it is already getting hot. We are running the course backwards because of a football tournament. I see Sabina and she is running barefoot. I can't resist and remove my race socks and shoes.

Richard and Jenny are also joining in the barefoot-fun. None of the others have done it before. In the end most of the run is uneventful. I do notice that I am going at a decent lick.

As I near the finish, Jenny zips past me and says playfully:
"Come on barefoot man!"
So I decide to race her to the finish. I put on a full tilt sprint and just manage to creep across the line ahead of her.

I look at the watch. It is only 12 seconds slower than my PB. As I suspected, the course was a little short (No criticism of the organising team, as some people had parked across the course!)may be by 20 or 30 seconds.

So it all looks good ahead of Wednesday corporate challenge. Maybe I can take some inspiration from Sabina, who on her barefoot park run debut ran a PB and then got up to take the Ladies Veteran's title at the Orpington 10k!

5km (ish) 22:04

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that those pictures are brilliant and really sum up the friendly competitiveness of the club and Park Run. Jenny looks to be really enjoying herself and you look really up for that race at the end.
    I also love the idea that you are also whooping the pants off my good friend Annette from ORR who loves a good race :-)

    ReplyDelete