Friday 8 July 2011

Unplanned Run Home

I felt tired this morning, and went off to work to physically recover. Yet by lunch time I was feeling much better. I then realised my PE kit at work which I use for lunchtime runs needed a clean. I had my backpack with me, so why not run home? I am trying to toughen up (or "man-up" in modern parlance) to stop me wimping out of training sessions because I am a little "tired". I almost ran home from the Corporate Challenge which would have been a great adventure, but the lure of another couple of beers was too strong at the moment was lost.

I collect my PE kit at lunchtime from the Gym and at the end of the day I am ready to go. Of the three pairs of shoes I have at work I decide on the aqua shoes.

A couple of miles in and I feel tired, but I keep going. My right foot is inexplicably sore, but I run through it.

As I make it through the woods in Beckenham Place I will myself up through railway fields. Eventually I make it back home, it I feel great. I toughed it out a couple of times. Because my lunch time running kit gets regularly used but not washed so often, I *really* stink!.

16.5km 1:43:59

No comments:

Post a Comment