Tuesday 20 November 2012

A new 5km run home?

During a spare moment at lunch, I spent some time looking for new routes home.  I like a quick route with a 5km run at the end.  I identify Sydenham station as an options (Different to yesterday's Lower Sydenham)
It's one stop on the tube and then an overground train from Canada Water.  Until the last couple of stops the train is packed.

At Sydenham I am let loose.  I hadn't really thought about the rain but it is drizzling.  I am really trying not to plod.  I have previously been guilty of banging out lots of aimless plodding miles.  Today when I sense plodding I pick up my running..

The leaves are everywhere and the temperature is perfect.  And I don't plod.  I'm racing tomorrow so I try to take it easy.  At Beckenham I see a bus that goes near my house.  I resist the temptation to jump on.

Towards the end I slow down.  I push up the last hump and trundle down the hill to home.   I'm enjoying getting back on it.

5km 31:50

No comments:

Post a Comment