Thursday 29 November 2012

Not 5k with the interval group

It's 5km time trial time with my Thursday lunchtime interval group.  Samuel was meant to be coming but in the changing room realised he didn't have his coat or shirt or something.

We warm up with the usual drills.  I commit to running 5km.  I focus on running a negative split as the course is two "laps" of 2.5km.  I run the first lap in 10:49.  If anything the second lap is better.  I can really feel my core muscles engaged and I concentrate on this.

I sprint towards the finish.  I look at my watch and exclaim ****!  It's a quick time.  I ask Paul what distance he has.  He has near 5km.  But everyone else has around 4.6km.  Normalising the time it's probably more like a 23:00 5km, which is fine just not the excitement I first felt.

4.6km 21:17

No comments:

Post a Comment