Friday 23 November 2012

Day off Water Fountain to Water Fountain

I have the day off but have a little gap in the middle of the day without kids around.  Inspired by the midweek cross country I decide to do the Water fountain to Water Fountain run on Hayes Common.

It's probably still wet so I put on my cross country shoes and water proof socks.  It is beautiful on the common and I run well.  I know this route like the back of my hand now.  There is one tricky turning on the way back.  I notice the council have put up a new sign making life easier.

On the common by the pub someone is training their dog.  I run past and the dog does not flinch.  I touch the water fountain and head back.  I manage to keep the pace up all the way back.

At the finish I check the time and it is pretty quick.  I had extended the route previously to try and get it to a nice round 5km but given the time today it can't be.

4.5km 23:12

No comments:

Post a Comment