Friday 30 November 2012

Evening Run when I didn't want to

I have a commitment contract out to run 5 days out of 7 at the moment.  There's no other reason why I would be running tonight.  It would have been easier to slump in front of the telly.  I'm out partying with the running club tomorrow night and I've got the kids tomorrow.  So really I had to run.

I finally get the baby to sleep and whilst dinner cooks in the oven I head out.  I seem to have left all my running shoes at work apart from my super light racing shoes.  So I get the joy of wearing them.

I run the bumpy course to Beckenham Cinema and back.  It's about 5km.  It is pretty chilly and a light frost is forming.  In Beckenham High Street it is party time with all the youngsters 'glammed' up.  I float by.

Having this commitment contract to run has definitely worked.  I wouldn't have run tonight, but glad I did.

5km 27:15

No comments:

Post a Comment