Sunday 25 November 2012

Hayes and Back

My mind starts to turn to my marathon training.  My main focus is getting back and running after the disaster that was the Beachy Head Marathon.  I will need to start building up my long run.  Tonight I decide to do a nice hour long evening run.  I get the kids in bed and head out.

I decide (eventually) to run to Hayes and back.  Throughout the run I maintain a decent pace.  I still feel a little rusty but at this point in the cycle it's all okay.

I used to live at the top of Hayes High Street and so I go and have a quick look at my old house.  I run a bit further to make up the half hour and then turn and head for home.  It's downhill on the way back but I've probably slowed down.

No rain and semi-clear sky.  I've currently got a commitment to run 5 days out of 7 each week for the next month.  That definitely inspired me today.

10km 57:20

No comments:

Post a Comment