Saturday 17 July 2010

Hare and Hounds

After the annoyance of the Great City Run last night and getting stuck in the crowds, I knew today would be a clear run, apart from any wandering tourists. I still feel off form and sluggish.

I am around 6th to go. I start of strong and keep pushing. I overtake the first guy afte about 1km and he drops off rapidly. I guess his estimated time must have been pretty poor. I overtake another couple at the fire station before the turnaround bridge point. The final runner is taken just before Lambeth bridge. This puts me in the lead. I must be running strongly. Still, when you are in the lead, you have that fear of being caught.

On the run down behind the embankment, a car goes turn across me. I stop it with a police style hand gesture and keep running. As I start to climb Blackfriars bridge, I spot two runners who have gone wrong. I take them with ease. I am still in the lead and must be on for a good time. I sprint into the finish and over the line first. 30 seconds later Charlie finishes.

I had not started my stopwatch correctly so would not know my time until published later in the day. I wait patiently and am then disappointed. 40"00. (My PB is around 39"00. It turns out that everyone was a couple of minutes possibly because of the wind. It just felt so much faster.

5 miles 40"00

No comments:

Post a Comment