Saturday 24 July 2010

In the Flip Flops

Only a 4 day week this week, but I cycled to and from work every day. Tonight is the key stage in the Tour de France. A massive mountain stage which will decide the race. So for my route home in trinute, and a little off course, a route over the Col Du Crystal Palace. Lunchtime's run better be a gentle one.

The best way to limit my pace, is to go next-to-barefoot in the aqua shoes. With Goldman Sachs and The Telegraph in the news (thanks to Conrad Black) a little run down Fleet Street is the order of the day. As I near the Savoy the heavens open with rain. But running in the aquas is such an enjoyable feeling, I don't care.

I run slower but when I finish I feel refreshed and so good. Maybe it is because it is a different focused effort. Not focusing on pushing harder, but having to concentrate hard on form to be faster. If you run to hard barefoot, it hurts. To move quicker, you have to be smoother, more elegant, more relaxed, easy going. It's hard to describe.

30 minutes, aquas, rainy, heavenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment