Thursday 29 July 2010

Push the pain


I set out today for a lunch time run without much of an expectation. I am busy, busy at work so I only have half an hour. For no reason in particular I set my heart on a particular route: across Blackfriars bridge, down the South Bank, across Charing Cross Bridge, Down Victoria Embankment and back. through Paternoster Square

In my mind it is a touch over 30 minutes, but I go for it. As I run, I push the pace. I'm rather liking pain recently which is all good. I cross back to the North Side of the river over Charing Cross Bridge. It looks like I might be able to do the loop in under 30 minutes. In the end I get back to the office 30"30 but got caught at a couple of traffic crossings so, I'm not too sad.

I still love running in the Nike Frees.

As I cross Paternoster Square, I relax. I'm enjoying this. I run better. So I work on relaxing and it does seem to make me run better. Something to work on.

30"30 6km at a guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment