Thursday 24 February 2011

Back and running


After Saturday night's little 32.75mile jaunt, I spent the week resting and eating. The level of soreness was similar to that when I ran a 5km race after 6 months in NY when I was the wrong side of 94kg.

I may have gone to the club Tuesday night and ran with group one but it was my wife's Birthday. In terms of injury by today, I have a slightly sore hamstring and a pus-filled blister on my toe. Not too bad to stop me doing the most gentle of jogs.

I put the aquas on and venture down the Thames towards Waterloo Bridge. I run really gently. Not too bad. The worst thing is the injured pride as people fly past me. I resist the temptation to pick the pace up.

I get to Waterloo Bridge, stop for a minute and head back to the office

I am definitely jaded but enjoy the running. I have heard of people doing the marathon and then not even thinking of running for months and months.

Maybe another week or so of recovery and then back to the Marathon focus

4km 30:00 Very slow and gentle

No comments:

Post a Comment