Saturday 26 February 2011

Still recovering and HUNGRY


The legs still feel jaded. There is still a slight hint in the hamstring, but nothing to worry about.

I had been out last night smoozing (okay, boozing0 with my big boss over from NY. I had to be in early at work. However I got the wrong last train back and ended up in the middle of Kent. A very expensive cab journey ensued. I eventually got home and had 4 hours sleep before having to get up for work.

I get to work and the London Stock Exchange decides to stop operating. Eventually at 2 O'clock I am free for lunch. I am not feeling too bad and I decide (for no reason at all) to head down towards Borough High Street.

I am wearing my old previously "favourite" running shoes. We are good, old friends so I would never criticize them but I have moved on. As I get to Borough market I am hungry (as it had gone 2pm, I'm still recovering from the weekend and well, I was boozing last night) At Borough FOOD Market people are eating a range of Sausage Bagettes, Bacon Rolls etc.

Just past the market I turn and head back. While I feel jaded my form feels good. Still, I need to get some form back ahead of the Brighton Marathon. I just hope that this crazy ultra-marathon hasn't blown that.

The other key think is that I can hear Spring coming. There's some cold, hard days to be had yet, but I can feel the breeze of Spring coming down the tunnel.

4km 30:00

No comments:

Post a Comment