Friday 4 February 2011

Massaging recovery run down to the half finished shard


My legs still feel tired. I have a four hour run planned for early Saturday, so I decide to go for a recovery run. A recovery run is best done in the near-barefoot aqua shoes.

And it was lovely to run in them. When my legs are sore, running almost barefoot seems to make them better. It as if not running in shoes loosens my legs and massages . Hard to explain.

I decide to go down across London Bridge and take a look at the new "Shard" building which will be the tallest in Europe outside Moscow. They are still building it but it already dominates the Skyline. At the base though it doesn't seem so tall. (The World Trade Center Towers always looked huge, even when you stood at the base)

I didn't really try to run fast today; I just played with more form. And most importantly it felt good.

4km 25'48

No comments:

Post a Comment