Tuesday 8 February 2011

Taking it easy in group 5


As you can see from the missing entry from yesterday, I took an extra day off as I could still feel Sunday's 4 hours in my legs. Tonight I head off for club night.

I need to be tapering ahead of the 32 mile ultra in a couple of weeks. I bravely decide to go with group 5. Initially it is good but there are some faster people here intent on pushing, pushing the pace. I decide that it's not worth mixing it up and stay rooted to the back. The pack splits and reconvenes, but in reality some of the faster runners should probably form a group 6.

I never really hit the heights of the other weeks group 5 run, partly because I am trying to be disciplined and partly because I can still feel Sunday.

At 5 minute km (8 minute miles) the pace is still pretty decent.

I saw Jerry before the race who is also doing the moonlight challenge(the 32 miles) We chatted about the logistics of the run. This has just built my excitement.

13.39km 1'06:00 5:00/km

No comments:

Post a Comment