Monday 28 February 2011

Back in business


I thought I may have really blown it. I have been feeling jaded. Would doing the ultra-marathon ruin my marathon attempt?

I have had a week of gentle running, beering and unhealthy eating. Today I need to get back and training. I felt mentally tired from work and it is cold and rainy outside.

I decide to run to Hayes and back. I put the Pirahnas on for the first time in a while. I always forget that whenever I head South I head uphill. The River Ravensbourne which flows down through Hayes ultimately ends up in the River Thames. Same with the river Beck. I struggle a bit to get going. My body is conditioned for distance. I takes me 40 mins to an hour to warm up these days.

And I do Warm up. I reach Hayes station, turn round and then fly back on the downhill. I can't run race-pace outside of races and this was a long way short of 10km race pace. In the end it is 45 minutes of running.

At home I am intrigued. I measure the distance on GMAP pedometer and it is 9.2km. That would normalise at a 49 minute 10km. Not bad.

I am back. Time for the final marathon push.

9.2km 44:58 (4:54/km)

No comments:

Post a Comment