Tuesday 1 February 2011

Grey London Town


It's a grey drizzly day in London. I have a theory that London is a grey city and is at its very best on a grey day. The buildings are grey, the river is grey and often the sky is grey. A spectrum of every possible shade of grey.

I could probably get away without running given that I had done the 4 hours on Sunday. I want to run though.

I zip out on to the streets and I am off. There is no residue from the weekend so I pick up the pace. I go down to Blackfriars Bridge and across to the South Bank. I then run down to Charing Cross/Hungerford Footbridge. The pace briefly lulls but on the other side of the river I go again.

I flow down Victoria Embankment and back to the office.

When I get back to my desk, my colleague Ben asks if I spotted him. It would appear I was so focussed on my run that I had flown past without noticing him! Perhaps I was enjoying the grey too much.

6km 27'51

No comments:

Post a Comment