Saturday 5 February 2011

Once again, the 3x3 Commons Circular Walk Run


It's my last long, long run before tapering for the 32mile moonlight challenge. Last week's 3 laps of the 3 commons circular walk run was so successful I decide to tackle it again.

Right from the start I struggle. As night time turns into broad-daylight I continue to suffer. I keep going, dreaming of last week when it was all so easy.

On the run back through Hayes I stop to get a drink from the shop. The guy says, do you want to buy another one for 20p? I say, "No because then I'll have to carry it..."

Today was more mental training than fitness training. Most importantly, I held on.

When I get home, I weigh myself. I am just under 80kg, which puts my BMI into the normal range rather than the usual overweight. Once I refuel and rehydrate I'm sure it will be back in the land of the feckless porkers.

33.13km 3:51:00

No comments:

Post a Comment