Thursday 6 October 2011

Good

Last night's run home from Lewisham was fantastic.  Tonight I feel more tired.  To be honest I was going to get the Hayes train to Catford and run home from there, especially after being caught up by my boss.  This would get me home a little earlier for an extra 10 minutes with the kids.

When I get to Cannon Street there is only a train to Lewisham, so I get this, resigned to the slightly longer run.  I don't want to cheat the kids, so accept that I can't totally cruise.

I have an altercation with a cyclist who seems to think that he owns the pavement.  It delays me slightly along with a number of traffic lights.  I couple of death looks and barbed comments ensure that he is suitably offended.  W*nker.

As I reach Downham, suddenly I am aware of the magic appearing.  This is nice, I am fast elegant and flowing.  I keep this up all the way home.  This is really, really good.

Probably two of the most enjoyable runs of my life the last two nights.   And when I get home, it was even quicker than last night.

8km 43 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment