Thursday 6 October 2011

Lunchtime Canal

The long term plan is run half way to work.  With three kids, average age 2.5, it isn't always happening.  Still I bought my lunch on the way to work giving me 40 minutes of pure run time at lunch.

I head down towards the Wapping Canals via St Katharine's docs .  It feels hard.  Last night's magic has evaporated.  I get to Tobacco dock and turn back.  It's into the wind an I struggle.  As I turn into the tunnel by Tower Bridge the Wind is channelled behind me.  I realise the wind is playing games.

Finally down London Wall I start to pick up some speed.  A fat banker in a pin stripe suit wobbles all over the pavement.  I flow past him, and admonish him for his girth.

Not magic like last night, but still nice.

7k 37:02

No comments:

Post a Comment