Saturday 8 October 2011

Park Run PB

Given the current good running form, I decide a good crack at park run is in order.  Even though England are playing, I limit the beer the night before.  On the day, I have my racing shoes, racing socks, racing shorts and club vest.

There is history here.  When park run stated I comfortably beat David.  Then we were rivals then he destroyed me.  He has been injured for a year(or more).  I have got within a second of his time on my PB but no better.  Today is the day,  and I tell everyone including David himself.

The other thing is that this is my 48th run.  It would be nice to run a PB on my 50th run.  So I could hold off until then.  But then I decide to do the brave thing.  Run a PB today, and then try another one on the 50th run.  That way I could notch it up two steps....

I warm up by getting there half an hour early and running about.  Then we are off.  In summary, I follow Jenny and Rob all the way round.   I know they run mid 21 times or better so staying with them I should be fine.  It hurts and I gurn my way round.

With a km to go, I get past Jenny, but in in the finishing straight she takes me again.  I will not catch her, but I am inspired by her sprint.

 Across the line, I stab the watch, it must be a PB, probably by a massive amount.  It is a PB but by 3 seconds.  I feel it should have been much better.  But it was Windy and I struggled.

Still, job done.

5km 21:46 PB

No comments:

Post a Comment