Wednesday 19 October 2011

Leadenhall Loop

Still taking it easy ahead of Saturday and 26.2 miles over Beachy head and the Seven Sisters.  However think previously I have over tapered.  I go stale if I don't run.  So I think a few km just to keep things ticking over is good.

So at lunch, I fit in a quick Leadenhall Loop as I shall call it from now on(to save on typing).  I do this run pretty often and it is one of my favourites.   Down to Paternoster Square, on to Blackfriars, along the river to the Tower, back through Leadenhall and then hammer it down London Wall.

The run down London Wall is the best bit.  It must be downhill, and the fact that it is so close to the finish means I can really pick up the pace.  But it is crowded so I have to dance and skip through the crowds.

Today the sun was out like a lovely Spring day with optimism of a long summer ahead.  Except it's not.  It is autumn, and more like the dieing embers of a year before the onset of a cruel winter.  Nice and pleasant, all the same.

I'm not racing on Saturday and I aim to take it easy, but good to be in shape

5km 29:34


No comments:

Post a Comment