Sunday 9 October 2011

Petts Wood Runners 10km as the Sweeper

I've toyed whether to add this as a run, as most of it was done at a fast walk but...

I was the last runner marshal the Petts Wood 10km along with Paul, a fantastically bright and funny character.

We followed the same last runner the whole we round.  She was experienced and determined, just slow.  We had a good chat all the way round.  After about 1km, I got bored and took my shoes and socks off.  I ran the next 5km barefoot.  Though as the pace was so slow it was hard to run barefoot(you need the high cadence to help with the running gently.  Hard to run a high cadence at walking point)  At one point it got a bit to rough and I started to drop off the back of even walking pace.  Apparently a lot of the paths were made with debris from the blitz.  I decide to put my shoes on and catch up.   Given that I was on official duty I put my socks and shoes back on and left them on the rest of the run.

While there was occasional pain, it surprises me  how tough your feet really are.  So despite having to wimp out, the rest of the day my feet are fine (no worse then the pain I felt running in shoes on last nights long, late show)

It was great to have experienced the Petts Wood 10km from a runners perspective.  Being on my feet for so long in the humid conditions surprisingly hard.

Enjoyable though,

9km 1"25:00

No comments:

Post a Comment