Tuesday 18 October 2011

Silly Ouchy

Runners area usually in three states, about to have an injury, injured or coming back from an injury.  The funny thing is that since ditching the padded running shoes, I have had few running injuries.

What I have had is stupidity injuries.  Stubbing my toe.  Embedding bicycle pedals in my leg and so on.

So at lunchtime today, I am running down the embankment, when I trip and land right-arm first on some Iron railings.  At first I am embarrassed and jog on a bit.  Then I feel physically sick with pain and think I have broken my arm. 

I stop and regain some composure.  After 5 mins, I am sore but I don't think the Marathon is in danger.  So I turn and run back. 

Funnily enough, the stop means that I glide along.  I'm not pushing because of the marathon, but it feels good.

The arm appears only to be heavily bruised.

3.5km 25mins




No comments:

Post a Comment