Tuesday 16 July 2013

A stolen 20 minutes

My plan was to start Marathon training this weekend.   However a combination of the heat, boozing, tiredness and illness conspired against me.  The plan was 13miles.  Tonight I planned to do it late, but then work conspired against me.

I am running a 12 week plan this time, after think 16 weeks was too long and left me stale for London.  When I look at the plan at work, I realise that 12 weeks would be from next weekend.  So I have some more breathing space.

As I sit waiting for dinner, late because I only left work at 8:30, I realise I have 25 minutes.  I am in shorts and a T-Shirt because of the heat.  Why not go for quick run?  So I do.  I run 10 minutes out to the petrol station and then turn back.   My form feels good.  The reduced mileage has probably allowed me to recover a bit.  On the way back I really pick the speed up and I feel like I am running well.

It's hot though.  Marathon Training through the heat should be interesting.

2miles 18:30

No comments:

Post a Comment