Thursday 18 July 2013

Hottish Intervals for a busy man

Three things to do tonight.  My mate Doug's leaving do.  My baby-girls second birthday.   Track.

3 beers at Doug's.  Leg-it across Canary Wharf.  Tube, Train, Train, run home.  Birthday Cake, Relaxing.  Then track.

1 mile, then 6x800.  There's someone there who is half-arsed.  Which is fine.  But not when it drags the group down.  And they do.  Here's the thing, the rest between each rep is important.  Too long and you are wasting effort.  The hard part was getting there for track tonight.Now I am here I want to give it my best.  The group dynamic is important to push on.

I think some people get the vibe and run hard.  I know that I'm never going to be running at the Olympics.  But I want to do as good as I can else we might as well go and do something else.

Some of us push on, some toy around. I take pride in running even- intervals.  At the end I am exhausted but feel good.  Tonight I got stronger.

1 mile followed by 6 x 800

No comments:

Post a Comment