Tuesday 2 July 2013

Taking it easy

Going to the track when hungover was a mistake.  I strained my calf muscle probably doing the 200m repeats.  So I have had the week off.  I'm maybe learning to be more patient and haven't yielded to the urge to run on it

Tonight, also due to injury, my wife is not out with the club.  I go but am determined to take it easy.  As I have not been running lots of other niggles come out the woodwork.

I run with group 4, with Ray stepping in at the last minute.  It's a beautiful evening and we work our way round the streets.

Towards the end Ray drops off with a runner who is struggling.  Another runners takes a short-cut.   The remaining three of us pick up the pace a little and cruise home.  The other two get even faster towards the finish.  I resist the temptation and finish at a gentle jog.  No feedback from the calf muscle so all good there.

Hopefully can get back on it towards the corporate challenge and then back on the Marathon Training Grind (I say Grind, but I love it really)

6 miles 55:00

No comments:

Post a Comment