Thursday 27 June 2013

Hungover Track but picking up towards the end

After the relays last night I had a few (cough) drinks to wind down after the race.  I had a nice lie in and a shower this morning but was still feeling a little reflective.  Still, Thursday night is track night.  After missing last week with a self induced injury from the previous weeks Track I didn't want to miss out.  It is a case of keeping the habit up.

I am concerned that I am going to flake and run half heartedly.  The session is 2x800, 4x400, 8x200.  The warmup is not too bad.  I run the 800s, not as fast as I can but with a certain amount of gusto.

The 400s are a little easier.  As I finish each rep, I line up ready to go.  The 200s are easier and I start to feel and enjoy the burn.  By the last few reps I am in the zone.  Some other people start to flag but I run the 8 200s within a second for each rep.   Good consistency.

Then the runners high kicks in which is always better with burst of intensity (the 200m helping here)

Session done, and done properly.

Intervals 2x800, 4x400, 8x200

No comments:

Post a Comment