Thursday 6 June 2013

Dulwich Park Assembly League 5km PB

After a couple of Park Run PBs, why not give it a go here?  I'm in shape and raring to go.  It's fairly warm but not scorching.

Some of the faster Petts Wood boys are here.  It's will be a struggle not to be last man home for the team.  After a jog warm up, we all line up.  Before anyone realises the start is called.  I jab the watch and head off.  I soon settle into a good rhythm.

The race is 3 laps of the park.  The first lap is soon dispatched and it's not too bad.  I settle in with a little group of runners.  A woman is running and coughing.  Another woman asks:
"are you okay?"
The coughing woman responds:
"errrm, yes it is just a habit I have of coughing"
I listen to her cough the rest of the way round.

The second lap is harder but my form feels tight.  The final lap, I am feeling it,  but keep pushing.  Soon I am in the final straight and get passed by a couple of runners.  I pick up the space but no all-out sprint.  I cross the line and stop my stop watch.  I look at the time, it is good.  Possible another 30 second PB.  All I need to find is someone with a Garmin to confirm.  Someone confirms, 5km on the dot.  Another PB.  That's 1:15 off my 5km time in 3 subsequent outings.

5km 20:28 (PB)

No comments:

Post a Comment