Sunday 2 June 2013

Berry's Green Circular walk in an under an hour and a half

 I ran this route last weekend and did it in just over an hour and a half.  Now if I avoid the stops to take in the view and diddle with the map I should be able to do it in under an hour and a half.

I feel a little tired from my heroics yesterday, but I am still certain I can get round.  The weather is beautiful.  Unfortunately this has helped some of the stinging nettles to get out of control.

There is a field on this route where there are some cows (and a bull)  Being a 'burb dweller, I'm always a bit nervous.  However in the previous field I see the cows.  I head down the little path at the end of the field.  I hear what sound like a mountain bike creeping up on me.  When I turn round there are 6 or 7 cows closely following me.  I think they must be following me to another field or to be milked.  I'm out of there sharpish.

I have to stop and take a photo.  I think I'll still make it round in time.

Apart from the nettles and tired legs, it is a pleasant outing.  I don't run as fast as last week but it's still good.   The views over Westerham are stunning as always.

Soon I am on the final run in with 5 minutes to go. this is the easy bit down the road.  I see lots of cyclists and I think, cheats on their bikes.  I cross the finish line with 3 minutes to spare.

13.5km 1:27:08

No comments:

Post a Comment