Saturday 8 June 2013

Hilly Fields Parkrun

In summary a fantastic event. My wife forsakes Parkrun for me today but Bromley is not running. I head for hilly fields.   Small, friendly with a top notch event organisation.

It's hilly as you would expect but the views are fantastic, even better I imagine in the winter.  It is a 3 lap course with about 5 sharp hills per lap.  But what goes up must go down.  I find that I am powering up the hills and recovering on the downhills. I gradually work my way though the field. What I lack in grace I make up for in power and grunt.  It always surprises me how many people are beaten by hills.

My form has been good (3 PBs in my last 3 5km outings)   Today no pb is on the cards because of the course difficulty. But I run well and I run consistently. I even manage a sprint at the finish.

A great event and a good run. For various reasons I missed my hill session last night; today made up for it.

5km 22:15

No comments:

Post a Comment