Wednesday 12 June 2013

Slowly home

I have a deal with myself.  Any time I want to drink more than 3 beers in a session, I have to pay with for it with a 10 mile run.  This is to keep me in check.  Tonight was meant to be 5 miles steady.  Instead I decide to run home.  Unfortunately this is 9 miles.  I decide to stick in a couple of laps of Shortlands Park.  The problem is the rain.  It's due to rain just about home time.  In the end my wife talks me into it.

I leave work and it is dry.  I'm not feeling the love though.  I haven't really been running long (apart from a bit on Sunday)  So it's a struggle.  Still, I keep going.  I think part of the problem is the shoes.  As I knew it was going to rain, my favoured semi-running flats were off the cards; they leak water!  Instead I wear my barefoot shoes.  As much as love barefoot-style, on concrete it takes its toll on the legs.

Eventually as I reach Bromley the rain starts to come down.  I move my phone (read music player) into the depths of my bag to protect it from the wet.  I slowly run the two extra laps of of Shortlands Park to make the 10 miles.  Then head home, slightly soggy.

Once I am back, it's kind of satisfying to have run the 10 miles.  But I have been enjoying the buzz of the short and sharp stuff.

10 miles 1:32:01

No comments:

Post a Comment