Saturday 1 June 2013

Park Run Stunner

I come to run a PB.  I have my racing kit on.  As I warm-up I feel tired.  I felt tired at the hills last night.  But I decide to go for it.

I find the 21 minute pacer (current PB 21:17) He hasn't paced before.  I said that a good pacer is slower on the hills and faster on the downhill.  He hadn't thought about that.  I set off and follow him for at least 1 and a half of the two laps.  Then I start to struggle, I am about to give up.  Then he seems to slow and I catch him up.  I'm now in the final straight.  As I pass him he says what time do I have as he didn't start his GPS.  I look and see 20 minutes.  I decide to go for it as I may be able to make the finish in under 21.

I thrash myself, and over the line jab the watch.  20:47.  Way under 21 minutes.  I punch the air.  Beautiful.  I thank the pacer for running such a good pace.

It was a struggle and I would not have done it without a pacer, but this is a big step forward.

5km 20:47

No comments:

Post a Comment