Wednesday 26 June 2013

3 Bridges Relay and a satisfying conclusion

2.6miles, teams of 4, 1 leg each, in the Shadow of Big Ben.  Run over Two Bridges, start and finish by Westminster Bridge is a brief description of this event.

I run the first leg.   I am stuck in the middle of quite a few starters.  There is a little bit of argy-bargy but it doesn't slow me too much.   Some people I am pretty sure are slower than me are not passed immediately though I soon do.  Just past the MI5 building I make up a couple of place by navigating the stairs in a quick fashion.

I am going full-out but it doesn't feel sweet.  I keep pushing.  On the long straight to the finish we run through a Prom.   I signal to some of the girls in their finest party dresses to move out my way; I'm not going to be stopping.

The last couple of hundred metres I start gurning as I push myself.  Igor is there waiting for me though I have to push past a couple of people to set him off.

My target was sub-15 but perhaps that was unrealistic.  In the end I am 15:23.  This is 30 seconds faster than last year.   When I crunch the numbers with a race predictor that is a 20:30ish 5km.  This is my 5km PB  but that is where I am running at the moment.  So I am satisfied with the result

Target for next year is sub-15 and a team that does it under an hour.  To do this I need to be running sub 20 for a 5km.

A great night

3.8km 15:23

No comments:

Post a Comment