Monday 29 July 2013

Big Bonk

I was away at the weekend so had to get my long run in today.  I decide to take a long route home from work.  I decide to run from Canary Wharf, down to London Bridge and then one of my old cycling routes home.

At first I am fine running really well and then suddenly at Tower Bridge, I bonk.  Really badly.  I soldier on to London Bridge as I have no ready cash.  I wander round the station currently under reconstruction.  I find a WH Smiths, buy some Lucozade, a Picnic and some jelly sweets for later.  I chug the Lucozade back and wolf the Picnic.  I then resume absolutely fine.  I stop further down Tooley street to get some more money in case I need further pick-ups. don't need to flog myself too hard.

The rest of the run is fine.  The schedule said 15 miles, but this is a tough route with lots of hills and I am running with a backpack.  A few aches and pains but

Feel like I am starting to make traction on the Marathon training.

14 miles 2:18:14

No comments:

Post a Comment