Tuesday 10 September 2013

All good again

England are playing in a big football match tonight so I will require beer.  I also want to do a little run.  Nothing too taxing as I have a 10km race tomorrow.  Though my current form and beer probably prevents the chance of a decent time.  Don't want to embarrass myself though.

I decide to do a quick blast back from Grove Park via the Off License.  I come out the station and bang! I am off, zipping in and out of the crowd.  I feel fantastic.  I try and slow down remembering that I am racing tomorrow.  But I feel great, I am running strong and it seems fast.

I do control myself but soon I turn off the usual route towards the beer.  It's hard to judge the time but it felt good.  I don't know how I can feel so bad one day and then next day top-of-the world.

With a heavy load of beer I run back up the hill to my house.  Even then this feels quite good.

4.5km 25:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment