Monday 9 September 2013

Bright light of Croydon but then too tired

I've got four weeks before the Bournemouth Marathon.  Training has been woeful.  Too hard with the heat and holidays.  I start to wonder how I am going to get round.  I decide that if I pull off a 15 miler tonight, a long 20 miler at the weekend and then another 15 miles that should be enough.

So after the kids are in bed I summon up the motivation to get out.  I head out towards to Croydon.  The pace though drags.  I am struggling with 10 minute miles.  In the end I turn off the pace display and look at the distance.  I reach the far point and it is only 6.5 miles.  I loop back via Adiscombe.

It is not helped by the fact I know I have a 10k race on Wednesday.  I don't want to turn up and embarrass myself.  I feel hungry.  I consume the gel I had brought with me and this does perk me up.  Not enough to want to keep running.  I don't really fancy a late night either.

I run down the hill with about 11.5 miles done.  Ho-hum.  Pace is about 10 min/mile.  This years London Marathon training seems a long way away.

11.5 miles 1:53:57

No comments:

Post a Comment