Monday 23 September 2013

Eltham and back via Petts Wood

Didn't want to run tonight.  Had to run tonight.  My last longish run before the marathon.  Last week was the long, long run.  Tonight about 15 miles, enough to work me but not too far to tire me out.

The original plan is to run out to Woolwich common and back.  I head out through Grove Park.  It is a little on the lively side.  I run through Mottingham and on towards Eltham.  At Eltham I stop and get a drink.  I decide to do a big loop through Chislehurst instead.  At Chislehurst I decide to extend it on to Petts Wood.

At Petts Wood I realise that the run back should get me back right on about 15miles and 2 1/2 hours (The goal time/distance)

All night the pace was not electric but my form is good.  I can definitely run a marathon in this shape though not a PB.  Still feel a bit tubby and out of shape from too much partying.

I can't really taper as I have not be training hard enough to taper.  Just a few regular quick blasts I think.

15 miles 2:32:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment