Thursday 5 September 2013

Beckenham Assembly League at the end of Summer

I was going to jump in the car and do the run at 7:15.  Two problems.  1. My wife has the car 2. It seems to start at 7:00 and it is 6:36.  I get changed and run hard the mile or so to get there.  It looks like the run is not going to start on time.  I stand in the club house, sweating every where.

Eventually we line up.  I don't go off too fast.  As usual I pass plenty on the big hill, and get passed by many on the way down.  I get passed by man who appears to be wearing his pants.  I decide I do not want to be beaten by him.  Just past Mcdonald's I see Jenny.  It is like a repeat of the track as I follow her round for a while.  She seems to be struggling and I pass.

I'm running hard but it is not too bad.  On the final hill through the park I pass a number of people.  I sprint past a couple of more in the final straight.

I cross the line and then collapse in a pool of sweat.  Supposedly it is 28 celsius.  I look at the time, not bad for a 5km.  But it is not 5km, more like 3 miles.  Good to be back and racing.

I then have to run the mile or so back to get back to see the kids at bed time.

3miles 21:52

No comments:

Post a Comment