Tuesday 18 February 2014

Out with the club

My wife usually runs with the club but is still feeling her 3 hour run on Sunday.  I think I can run in a faster group but don't like the run leader.  I run with the group I do like the leader.

I start off fine but the rest of the group keep pushing the pace.  A new runner to the group struggles.  I drop to encourage him pointing out the faster runners will slow down.

We then run up summer hill.  Lots of people struggle but I maintain a consistent effort.   Then my marathon training kicks in.  The longer the run goes on the stronger I become.  The leader (sounds like North Korea) lets us go.  I start to run smooth and fast.  In the end I finish a close third in the final sprint.  Some of the early pacemakers have dropped a long way off.

Hard at first, easier later.  Sort of enjoyed it and the buzz afterwards.  Didn't love it.

6 miles 51:69

No comments:

Post a Comment